Dear Teachers and Students:
The Performing Arts Scholarship Foundation is happy to announce that we will be holding auditions this year, safely. We will accept online video auditions as per the following specifications:
- Please adhere to the usual regulations regarding the deadline to submit your application (which is Friday, March 5, midnight). Application can be found here.
- Follow the guidelines for performance attire, length and variety of pieces, etc. Please see our web site, ( www.pasfsb.org ), for details.
- Please supply your repertoire list to the committee members formatted in a Word document. Email addresses for submission to your video link as well as your repertoire list will be sent as part of your confirmation upon receipt of your application.
- Recordings must be uploaded to YouTube with visibility set to “Unlisted.” Do not choose “Public” or “Private.” This will create a link for you to copy and share. Let us know if you have any questions about this.
- If you are unable to safely record your audition with an accompanist, we will accept your audition without accompaniment. However, if you do not have access to a space where you can safely record your audition, and want one, we can make one available to you and will give you more information if you make this request.
Please know that there will most likely be a LIVE-TAPING of the COMPETITION in Hahn Hall at Music Academy of the West on Sunday, April 25. The competition will be before judges who will be socially-distanced and masked. There will be no live audience, but the recording will be broadcast to the public at a later date.
Finalists will be given a call time for their filming and there will be breaks between performers to air out the hall per COVID-19 safety protocols. There will be a film crew to document your competition performance and you will be expected to follow the requirements and guidelines on our web site. YOU MUST have an accompanist for the competition should you be chosen to compete in the final round.
NOTE: If you make it to the final round and do not live in, or near, Santa Barbara due to COVID-19 restrictions by your school, you may send a performance via video. More details will follow should you be chosen to perform in the competition.